TRIP 31/12/2012


     THIS IS THE HOUR THAT I CONTRIBUTED TO AS PART OF MILKS NEW YEARS EVE SESSION, 2012……
-Well here it is my New Years Eve 1 hour Mix-11.00 to Midnight, taking us from 12 into 13, at MILK, Reading-
 --Compared to the other guys playing on the night it all sounds a little ”old fashioned”, but it was put together as a tribute to James Hamilton, who undertook the amazing nye mixes on Radio 1 in the 80’s.
 --I had to chop mix quite a lot to get all the tunes in, and I tried to turntable a lot of styles, House, Hip Hop, Disco, Drum and Bass-with Peter Nice sounding really great-, Easi, Funk, Downbeat, 60’s Soul, Mod Revival, Techno, and Silly.
-- Also because I was only playing up to midnight, I had to drop early a couple of tunes that I normally play after like Acid Folk, and The Salsoul Orchestra, which was always James method post midnight, often playing proper Scottish dancing.
 --I also managed to get in small tributes to Gerry Anderson, Fontella Bass, and Adam Yaunch.
 --Even though I had worked out rough timings, I took Donna Summer out because Chris had played her earlier, and “managed”-M’sier Le Cockup- to have a minute to fill before midnight. I managed to fill it by “back playing” Europe and chatting, which I only did during the last 15 minutes and this acted as a countdown anyway, although I originally did not intend to, but took the microphone”just in case”
  --So that’s it for 2012, hope you all had a great time, and I look forward to 2013, especially hopefully continuing to play at MILK, which Tim has taken to a whole new level since taking over in February
--BCNU-Hopefully/J.I.M.
FANFARE FROM STAR WARS
M.C. PARKER---THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO, THE PRESSURE MIX.
GINO LATINO---WELCOME.
EUROPE---THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, HOUSE MIX.
SAMMY DAVIS JNR.---UP UP AND AWAY.
SIMPSON TUNE---BRING IT DOWN, THE GOSPEL MIX.
CAVEMAN---I’M READY.
CHIC---GOOD TIMES.
DJ SHADOW---ORGAN DONOR.
PETER NICE---HARP OF GOLD.
RITCHIE FAMILY---BEST DISCO IN TOWN.
CHUBBY CHECKER---DANCIN’ PARTY, 1962 (I wonder why!)
JAMES BROWN---I FEEL GOOD.
MAR-KEYS---LAST NIGHT.
BOBBY BYRD---I KNOW YOU GOT SOUL.
FONTELLA BASS---RESCUE ME.
BEASTIE BOYS---FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY.
SPECIALS—GANGSTERS.
ORBITAL---CHIME.
MICHAEL JACKSON---THRILLER.
WILSON PICKETT---IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR.
PERPLEXER---ACID FOLK.
SALSOUL ORCHESTRA---AULD LANG SYNE.
EUROPE---THE FINAL COUNTDOWN.
BIG BEN---BONGS………………………..
Then Dan Le Sac leapt on.